GED / HiSET
Every education follows a different path. CCHEC is specifically designed for people from the age of eighteen and beyond to return to school to complete the requirements for a high school equivalency certificate. We have an amazing line-up of tutors and a program that has helped hundreds of adults successfully complete their educations. If you are thinking about taking another run at it, please come see us; we are very good at helping people find the educational path that will be most successful for them.
Earn Your High School Equivalency Certificate Through GED or HiSET Testing!
Carbon County Higher Education Center’s Adult Learning Center helps students earn their High School Equivalency Certificate through GED or HiSET testing.
In coordination with the State of Wyoming, CCHEC strengthens students’ reading, writing, and math skills, preparing them to transition to employment, skills training, and post-secondary education.
Individuals wishing to obtain their High School Equivalency Certificate should contact the Adult Learning Center at (307) 328-9274 or email Cory Hudson to schedule a pre-test.
High School Equivalency recipients are eligible for admission to most colleges and are also eligible for scholarships and financial aid.
High School Equivalency Testing Options
GED (General Education Development)
- Delivery: Computer-based only
- Subject Areas: Language Arts (reading and writing), Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics
- Cost: $80 (or $20 for each subject area)
- Retakes: Up to 2 discounted retakes
- Languages: Available in English, Spanish, and French
- Learn more at https://ged.com/
ETS HiSET(High School Equivalency Test)
- Delivery: Computer or Paper-Based
- Subject Areas: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics
- Cost: Computer – $53.75 (or $10 for each subject area) Paper – $75.00 (or $15 for each subject area)
- Retakes: Up to 2 free retakes
- Languages: Available in English and Spanish
- Learn more at https://hiset.ets.org/
Additional Resources & Services
CCHEC offers the following services in order to help students be successful. Some or all of these services may be recommended based on student need.
TABE Pre-Test – $20
- This test predicts your ability to successfully pass the high school equivalency test and is recommended for admission to the program.
- Qualified instructors will provide individualized tutoring to candidates in English or Spanish.
TABE Post-Test – $20
- This test may be delivered after tutoring to determine progress and readiness to take either the GED or HiSET test.
High School Equivalency Candidate Scholarships
Scholarships are provided by local businesses & organizations including:
- Sinclair Oil
- Soroptomist Club of Rawlins
- Collection Center Inc.
- LM Olson Inc.
- Power Company of Wyoming LLC
- Transwest Express LLC
- Build-Rite Do It Center
- Anong’s Thai Cuisine
- Rasmusson Furniture
- Rawlins National Bank
- Allen Insurance
- WLC Engineering, Surveying, and Planning
- Williams Field Services
Through support from local businesses and organizations, CCHEC is able to provide scholarships, which cover up to 75% of testing costs, to High School Equivalency candidates.
The Carbon County Higher Education Center BOCHES Board will pay tuition for one (1) three-hour class from Western Wyoming Community College for each successful High School Equivalency candidate. The course will have to be completed with a “C” or better and within one academic year of receiving their high school equivalency certificate. Fees, books, and other expenses are the responsibility of the student. The High School Equivalency test must have been completed through the Adult Learning Center at CCHEC
For more information about scholarship opportunities, please call (307) 328-9274.
GED & HiSET Online Study Resources
In addition to the on-site tutoring and class options offered at CCHEC, there are many website that can help you prepare for taking the GED/HiSet. From general resources, to specific academic area resources, you will find a wide range of options to help you improve your scores and pass your exams.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, our classes, or how you can get started at CCHEC.