Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Certified Nursing Assistant program (CNA) introduces students to the rewards of a career in health care. Upon completion of the program, students who take and pass the national CNA certification (and most of our students do) are immediately eligible for steady and in-demand employment in nursing homes and hospitals. Those who wish to continue their health care education have a solid foundation whether they pursue nursing, a career in medical lab sciences, or any of the other careers in this fast-paced, growing employment sector. Above all, we want our CNA students to think of themselves as healers who are well prepared to assist any of the rest of us who find ourselves in need of compassionate care. There is no ceiling on the career opportunities available to student who launch from our CNA program.
CNA Course Overview
This course prepares a person to work as a nursing assistant. The students’ time will be divided between classroom instructions, laboratory time and supervised experience in hospital and/or nursing home settings. Students who successfully pass the Wyoming State Board of Nursing exam are certified and can work as a CNA.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Students must have proof of current TB test (less than one year old) prior to the start of class
- Students must have proof of 2 MMR vaccinations or proof of immunity prior to the start of class
- It is recommended that students have current (less than 10 years) tetanus shot and have begun the Hepatitis B series prior to start of clinical
Total Payable to CCHEC – $489
- This cost includes tuition, textbook and workbook, CPR Training, and Central Registry Check.
Costs not payable to CCHEC:
- Prometric Exam (offered in English & Spanish, written or oral) $115.00
- Wyoming State Board of Nursing Licensing Fee $120.00
- White Scrubs – Varies
- Watch with a sweep second hand – Varies
- Background check form to be completed upon registration before class begins.
CCHEC offers an adult CNA class in the Fall, Spring and Summer. The class is 89 hours, which includes 24 hours of clinical time. This is a very popular class, so students are encouraged to register early.
CCHEC also offers a CNA class available to Carbon County School District #1 high school students during the regular school day. Interested should talk to their guidance counselor.
American Red Cross CPR/FIrst Aid Card
Students can now access their CPR/First Aid cards online!
Carbon County Higher Education Center is proud to be a Certified CNA Testing site!
Wyoming State Board of Nursing
Learn about the requirements and apply for a CNA license through the Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, our classes, or how you can get started at CCHEC.