Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Certified Nursing Assistant program (CNA) introduces students to the rewards of a career in health care. Upon completion of the program, students who take and pass the national CNA certification (and most of our students do) are immediately eligible for steady and in-demand employment in nursing homes and hospitals. Those who wish to continue their health care education have a solid foundation whether they pursue nursing, a career in medical lab sciences, or any of the other careers in this fast-paced, growing employment sector. Above all, we want our CNA students to think of themselves as healers who are well prepared to assist any of the rest of us who find ourselves in need of compassionate care. There is no ceiling on the career opportunities available to student who launch from our CNA program.
CNA Course Overview
The course presents basic nursing assistant principles and skills with an emphahsis on care of the elderly client. Opportunities are provided for practice and demonstration of skills in the laboratory related to client care. Students will participate in clinical experience at health care agencies. Satisfactory completion of the course entitles the student to take a competency exam to become certified in the State of Wyoming.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Students must have proof of current TB test (less than one year old) prior to the start of class
- Students must have proof of 2 MMR vaccinations or proof of immunity prior to the start of class
- It is recommended that students have current (less than 10 years) tetanus shot and have begun the Hepatitis B series prior to start of clinical
Western Tuition & Fees – $708
- This cost includes tuition & course fees
Online Textbook – $90.15
- Healthcare 21 Online
- Central Registry Check (paid by Memorial Hospital of Carbon County)
- CPR Training for healthcare providers/professional rescuers $75
- Prometric Exam (offered in English & Spanish, written or oral) $115.00
- Wyoming State Board of Nursing Licensing Fee $120.00
- White Scrubs – Varies
- Watch with a sweep second hand – Varies
- Background check form to be completed upon registration before class begins.
CCHEC is offering an adult CNA class in the Spring of 2022 through Western Wyoming Community College. The course includes online, in class, and clinical time. This is a very popular class, so students are encouraged to register early. To register, please click the link below and enter the following when prompted:
For Spring 2022 Registration:
Class runs from January 18 – March 25
Course Numbers: NURS 1510/1511
Course Name: Nurse Assistant
Course Credit: 4
Section Number: WNT
CCHEC also offers a CNA class available to Carbon County School District #1 high school students during the regular school day. Click here for more information.
American Red Cross CPR/FIrst Aid Card
Students can now access their CPR/First Aid cards online!
Carbon County Higher Education Center is proud to be a Certified CNA Testing site!
Wyoming State Board of Nursing
Learn about the requirements and apply for a CNA license through the Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, our classes, or how you can get started at CCHEC.