LPN IV- Certified (IV-C)
LPN IV—Certified Course Overview
The LPN IV-C Course is designed to provide fundamental knowledge, skills and abilities needed by the LPN to perform specified infusion therapy procedures. Content should include, but not be limited to:
- Legal considerations and risk management issues for LPNs in infusion therapy;
- Related anatomy and physiology including fluid and electrolytes balance;
- Principles of pharmacology as related to infusion therapy;
- Infusion equipment and preparation;
- Principles and procedures for administration of specified solutions and medications via intravenous route;
- Principles and procedures for peripheral VAD and CVAD site maintenance;
- Assessment of and appropriate interventions for complications related to infusion therapy; and
- Demonstration and practice of specified infusion therapy procedures
Students must be an LPN to register. LPNs completing this course will be IV Certified (IV-C)
Class Dates & Registration
To schedule a customized class for your facility, call (307) 328-9274.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, our classes, or how you can get started at CCHEC.