Carbon County Higher Education Center’s Adult Learning Center helps students earn their High School Equivalency Certificate through GED or HiSET testing. In coordination with the State of Wyoming, CCHEC strengthens students’ reading, writing, and math skills, preparing them to transition to employment, skills training, and post-secondary education.
High School Equivalency Testing Options
GED (General Education Development)
- Delivery: Computer-based only
- Subject Areas: Language Arts(reading and writing), Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics
- Cost: $80 (or $20 for each subject area)
- Retakes: Up to 2 discounted retakes
- Languages: Available in English, Spanish, and French
- More information available at www.gedtesting.com
ETS HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- Delivery: Computer or Paper-Based
- Subject Areas: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics
- Cost: $50 (or $10 for each subject area)
- Retakes: Up to 2 free retakes
- Languages: Available in English and Spanish
- More information available at www.hiset.ets.org
CCHEC offers the following services in order to help students be successful. Some or all of these services may be recommended based on student need. Individuals wishing to obtain their High School Equivalency Certificate should contact the Adult Learning Center at (307)328-9274 to schedule a pre-test. High School Equivalency recipients are eligible for admission to most colleges and are also eligible for scholarships and financial aid.
TABE Pre-test - $20
- This test predicts your ability to successfully pass the high school equivalency test and is recommended for admission to the program.
Tutoring – Free
- Qualified instructors will provide individualized tutoring to candidates.
TABE Post-test - $20
- This test may be delivered after tutoring to determine progress and readiness to take either the GED or HiSET test.